Flexible £20,000 - £25,000 based on experience
At GOSS our mission is to ensure our clients maximise their online potential. We do this by harnessing the best internet technologies to deliver innovative solutions that enhance customer experience, reduce costs, and provide a competitive advantage. To do this we have to stay on the leading edge of technology and innovation.
The GOSS Digital Platform helps to drive digital transformation within a wide range of public and private sector organisations across the UK, and each week more than 3 million people experience our work. Building software at scale is fun, challenging and changing constantly. We have helped our clients deliver new online services to their citizens including ferry disruptions, improved waste collection solutions as well complex integration into various 3rd party systems.
We are looking for full time Bid Writer to join our friendly team based in Plymouth. This role is flexible and can either be based full-time in our large open-plan office on the edge of Dartmoor or from home with 1-2 days based in the office with your team.
As a Bid Writer, you will be expected to:
- Monitor procurement portals for new opportunities, proactively identifying prospective new opportunities for tendering
- Work with the wider team to develop and refine win strategies and clear win themes
- Write clear, concise and compelling, benefits-focused content using bid writing best practice
- Work within strict deadlines to submit timely, compliant and winning bids
- Support the Bid Manager with Framework and Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) responses
- Work with the Bid Manager to maintain an effective bid collateral library ensuring it is up to date, as well as other administrative bid tasks
- All sales pitches and presentations will be prepared and carried out by other members of the sales team. You will however work with them to respond to additional post submission clarifications, and co-ordinate post bid reviews
- Take part in bid reviews and identify lessons learnt to further improve GOSS bid processes and performance
- Take opportunities, where appropriate, to manage the bid process and develop your bid management skills and experience
The Person - skills, experience and qualifications
- Excellent communicator with outstanding written communication skills - you will write effective, compelling, and concise content which clearly answers client's questions, whilst selling the benefits of the various GOSS Solutions
- Attention to detail - you will have excellent editing and proofing abilities and take pride in presenting a polished and professional bid response
- Computer-literate - you will have a broad understanding of key office technologies, and be able to confidently work with a range of data management tools and software
- Deadline driven - you will have excellent time management and prioritisation skills and will thrive in a busy (virtual) environment
- Effective team worker - you will work well as part of a cross-departmental (virtual) bid team, and will also work well alone
- You will have proven writing experience, ideally in bid writing. Experience of software bidding and an interest in technology would be an advantage
- You may have bid writing qualifications, although this is not essential
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises over 75 people. We are a growing software business based on the edge of Dartmoor. Our clients are predominantly from the public sector and specifically Local Government.
At GOSS, our values help us to achieve our goals as well as contributing to making GOSS a great place to work and develop:
- We treat GOSS like it is our company. We take ownership for getting things done. Each of us is responsible for the quality of everything we do
- We work together as one team, committed to and focused on achieving our company's core objectives and delivering value to our clients and their customers
- We enjoy what we do and we always operate with respect and trust, in an ethical way
- We value innovation and creativity. Every experience is a learning opportunity
- We actively support our communities through various events such as charity events and local industry talks
- Flexible working hours and location (a laptop will be provided)
- 31 days holiday including Bank Holidays, increasing by 1 day for each full year of service up to a maximum of 36 days
- A commission plan or performance bonus scheme to be agreed
- Long service award.
- Enhanced maternity & paternity package
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Access to reduced rate fitness scheme
- Free refreshments
- Free office parking
Things you need to know
To apply, complete our short application form and upload your CV which you can find below.
Please contact us if you need the application form in an alternative format or if you require any reasonable adjustments to the selection process, including the interview (for example physical access, communication support, personal support).
Closing date for applications will be 5.30pm on Friday 3 December.
Initial interviews will be via telephone/Teams with our Bid Manager and/or Sales Director. If successful you will be invited to attend a competency-based interview here at the GOSS offices in Plymouth which will last approximately 1 hour. You will be expected to be able evidence previous examples of your writing work and you will need to bring along a presentation that lasts 10 minutes on an agreed topic.
Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK.
GOSS is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that decisions concerning recruitment will be based on the needs of the business and not any assumptions based on sex, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, married or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our staff.
Due to the large volume of applications GOSS receive, if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of applying, on this occasion its likely that you have been unsuccessful in your application.