We are looking for a full-time experienced Automation Test Engineer to join our friendly, innovative and growing team, currently around 70 people. This role offers the opportunity to really showcase your skills and to work on large scale, high profile projects. The company is based in Plymouth however, this role can be fully remote from anywhere within the UK.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Writing and maintaining Acceptance-Style automated test scripts that are scalable and reusable
- Maintaining Automated QA CI/CD Pipeline
- Writing manual UAT and conducting exploratory test sessions
- Performing Regression Testing
- Creating test plans and providing test reports to project stakeholders
- Working with other departments to ensure briefs and project timelines are met
- Championing process improvements to increase quality and improve efficiency across the business
The ideal candidate will have
- A passion for delivering software of the highest quality
- A logical and methodical approach to identifying use cases and test scenarios
- An ability to write robust test scripts to satisfy the full requirements
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- A desire to build successful working relationships around the business
- Preferably ISTQB certified
Essential skills and experience
- Experience in automated UI and API testing
- Experience in Performance testing
- Experience with integrating automation with CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of SDLC's and where Test Automation can be of most benefit to both the team and the overall product quality
- Experience in performing peer reviews and coaching team members in following best practices
- Experience with version control
- Experience of BDD and Gherkin Acceptance-Style Acceptance Criteria
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience using TestRail
- Experience using Robot Framework
- Experience using Jira
- Experience using Git
Things you need to know
To apply, complete our short application form and upload your CV using the link below.
Please contact us if you need the application form in an alternative format or if you require any reasonable adjustments to the selection process, including the interview (for example physical access, communication support, personal support).
Initial interviews will be via Teams with our Department Lead and If successful you will be invited to attend a competency-based interview either here at the GOSS offices in Plymouth or again via Teams which will last approximately 1.5 hours You will be expected to be able to evidence previous examples of your work.
Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK and do not require sponsorship.
GOSS is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that decisions concerning recruitment will be based on the needs of the business and not any assumptions based on sex, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, married or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our staff.
Due to the large volume of applications GOSS receive, if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of applying, on this occasion its likely that you have been unsuccessful in your application.
Benefits at GOSS
Having happy employees is our number one priority! Discover all the benefits we provide.View benefits (Benefits at GOSS)
Culture at GOSS
Discover what being part of the GOSS team involves and learn what we do to make work feel less like work.Discover culture at GOSS (Culture at GOSS)
Learn how we're enabling organisations to embrace digital transformation with innovative digital and online solutions.Discover what we do (About GOSS)
We guide you through what happens when you apply for a position with us.View recruitment process (Recruitment process )