You will be the main point of contact for clients using our custom software and will support and aid those who have technical issues or queries. You will work on a rota to monitor the support queue, prioritising tickets, and address priority support tasks. Occasionally you will provide maintenance and sometimes minor configuration changes to the application. You will be working with mainly local government clients who are using our platform to deliver vital services to their community. You will need to remain calm under pressure and be able to prioritise the support queue, as well as your own workload. In this role you will need to demonstrate the highest level of customer service skills, working collaboratively as part of a busy, close-knit team. Equally, you need to be happy to work with autonomy, taking responsibility for your own workload and seeing things through to conclusion.
- Provide 1st / 2nd line technical support to GOSS clients regarding all GOSS products and services in line with our published SLAs. Log and resolve issues and requests raised with the team in a timely manner. Where necessary you will escalate to other internal or external resources yet remain the internal point of contact until resolution
- Identify cause and next steps on issues through troubleshooting & testing
- Pro-actively manage our clients, providing a single point of contact for technical queries and questions via phone, email, and the GOSS Support Desk
- Identify sales leads and training requirements
- Work as a team on internal projects to improve client success
- Create client technical and/or operational documentation as well as creating internal pages for internal procedures/reference
- Represent clients internally and the company externally as a line of communication between departments & client
You are a born trouble-shooter! You love to take on new technical challenges and thrive on locating (and possibly fixing) problems you may never have seen before. You want to help customers, whether dealing with technical specialists or the non-technical users within our clients' organisations. You can use initiative and thinking in everyday problem solving. You are a self-motivated individual who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service. You have a positive attitude, are enthusiastic, and have a desire to develop your skills and career. You are engaged in personal & team growth and success.
- You enjoy troubleshooting and problem solving, using a range of resources, tools, and initiative
- You can learn and understand new systems, concepts, and processes quickly
- You're not afraid to ask questions
- You can organise, take responsibility, and motivate yourself and others
- You have strong organisational and prioritisation skills with the ability to take responsibility for multiple jobs simultaneously
- You have the capability to work well to deadlines and keep calm under pressure
Essential skills and experience
- 1+ years working in a similar role providing technical support to people / software applications i.e., Software Support, Application Support, or SaaS Support
- Proven technical knowledge and a track record of providing high quality 1st / 2nd line support via an IT Service Desk
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as you will need to log calls accurately via bespoke applications
- Excellent prioritisation skills. You will need to be able to handle multiple tasks at once and to be able to prioritise when urgent cases arrive
- Ability to demonstrate a methodical, clear, and concise approach to problem investigation and resolving issues within a busy service desk environment
- Must be able to work under pressure
- To be able to work under your own initiative as well as part of a team
- The ability to problem solve and trouble shoot
- To think beyond just problem resolution, by actively identifying opportunities for improvement
- Excellent attention to detail with good keyboard skills
- Logical thinker with the ability to follow written procedures
- Team player - must thrive working as part of a team and with own tasks
- Good IT literacy, including familiarity with Microsoft software; Teams, Windows, Excel, Outlook, Word
Desirable skills and experience
- You ideally have experience of web-based applications and/or content management systems
- You may have Jira experience or experience using a similar software bug tracking application
- A technical IT background with an understanding of IT systems and networks
- Service desk experience (ITIL)
- Incident & request management experience
The Support Desk operates 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and this position is based on 37.5 hours per week working on a rota.
Things you need to know
To apply, complete our short application form and upload your CV using the link below.
Please contact us if you need the application form in an alternative format or if you require any reasonable adjustments to the selection process, including the interview (for example physical access, communication support, personal support).
Initial interviews will be via Teams with our Department Lead and If successful you will be invited to attend a competency-based interview either here at the GOSS offices in Plymouth or again via Teams which will last approximately 1.5 hours You will be expected to be able to evidence previous examples of your work.
Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK and do not require sponsorship.
GOSS is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that decisions concerning recruitment will be based on the needs of the business and not any assumptions based on sex, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, married or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our staff.
Due to the large volume of applications GOSS receive, if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of applying, on this occasion its likely that you have been unsuccessful in your application.
Benefits at GOSS
Having happy employees is our number one priority! Discover all the benefits we provide.View benefits (Benefits at GOSS)
Culture at GOSS
Discover what being part of the GOSS team involves and learn what we do to make work feel less like work.Discover culture at GOSS (Culture at GOSS)
Learn how we're enabling organisations to embrace digital transformation with innovative digital and online solutions.Discover what we do (About GOSS)
We guide you through what happens when you apply for a position with us.View recruitment process (Recruitment process )