Hours: Part Time - 3.5 days flexible hours
We are looking for a part time, permanent, confident and experienced Sales Administrator to provide administrative support for all the company's sales activities. You will be responsible for promoting a professional image and ensuring that excellent customer service is provided at all times. This position requires you to work on your own initiative as part of a close-knit Sales and Marketing team, reporting to the Sales Director. Ordinarily this is an office based role, however due to current restrictions you will be home based and appropriate equipment will be provided. It is customer focused role that requires both proactive and reactive skills and abilities to prioritise workloads. You will be dealing with sales enquiries via the telephone and email, including managing company correspondence, quotations, contracts, billing queries and general customer information.
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises 60+ people. We are an award-winning, growing software business -one of the largest in the South-West, based on the edge of Dartmoor, and with our nearest beach just 25 minutes away. Our clients range from across the public sector.
Every week more than 3 million people see and experience our work - we know as we've checked the logs!
- Process and provide quotations to clients and prospective clients, follow up, process purchase orders from customers and the sales team and route to appropriate member of staff.
- Advise customers of lead times or other order/product information as appropriate.
- Issue licences and contracts and ensure they are up to date.
- Answer the telephone and give information to callers or route calls to appropriate members of staff.
- Oversee, manage, respond to general company enquiry emails
- Deal with customer queries and complaints in accordance with company policy and maintain detailed records for quality control and improvement purposes.
- Working closely with the Company Accounts and Finance department to manage invoicing and payment queries and business reporting
- Complete monthly framework spend and invoice reports for relevant framework providers, ensuring utmost accuracy and attention to detail.
- Undertake Salesforce administration - system administration and maintenance, monthly system back-ups, reporting and required changes.
- Support members of the Sales and Marketing department with administrative assistance.
- Compose and compile team meeting minutes and other routine correspondence.
- Organise and maintain all contractual correspondence in accordance with company guidelines.
- Work alongside other areas of the business, supporting company wide projects and programs.
- Assist with in-house and company audits.
- You will have a calm and pleasant telephone manner.
- Having excellent attention to detail skills and communication are absolutely essential.
- Possess exceptional literary and numeracy skills.
- Have good experience of working with the Microsoft Office suite and an understanding of other business systems and processes.
- Be flexible with the ability to multitask- the role offers lots of variety on a day to day basis.
- Be able to plan your own workload and work on your own using your own initiative.
- Be able to work within a team as well as providing support to the wider company.
- Experience of Jira and Salesforce would be beneficial but is not essential as full training will be given.
Working at GOSS:
Staff enjoy a range of benefits such as company pension and bonuses, option to increase annual holiday entitlement, flexible working, dedicated time and support for personal development, fully funded professional training, team and company social events, on site parking, access to on site fitness classes, free tea & coffee and Cycle to Work scheme.
This post is normally based in Plymouth, UK and hours are flexible - during the current pandemic homeworking will be in place.
Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK.
GOSS is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that decisions concerning recruitment will be based on the needs of the business and not any assumptions based on sex, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, married or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.