The GOSS Projects team are integral to the delivery of digital solutions across our client base. Projects range from consultancy, CMS, design, and digital transformation, cloud hosting and managed services, through to CRM delivery.
The aim of the team is to deliver successful projects, on time, and to budget, whilst enabling our clients to maximise their benefits from the platform. We pride ourselves on building lasting relationships with our clients, enabling us to leverage our expertise to deliver exemplar solutions.
As a GOSS Project Manager, you will be responsible for the planning, scheduling, budgeting, execution, and delivery of software and web projects to our clients. You will also manage a range of internal development projects.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Lead and manage all aspects of multiple client projects simultaneously - from initiation through to handover to our Support Team
- Lead and manage internal projects, working closely and effectively with all teams across the business, including Sales and Marketing, Finance, Business Analysts, Developers and our Support Teams
- Utilise either Agile, Waterfall, or hybrid project delivery methodologies as appropriate
- Liaise with Projects team for resource management and planning
- Create, maintain, and monitor project plans, and revise them to meet changing needs
- Work closely with Developers, Technical Leads and QA to ensure the quality of all project deliverables, and lead project reviews to ensure continuous improvement
- Communicate with all relevant parties and stakeholders in an effective & timely manner
- Maximise customer satisfaction through effective project management delivery
- Work within documented processes and procedures whilst striving to improve, and become more efficient where applicable
- Ensure timely & accurate invoicing for each project, following up with clients/GOSS Accounts Team on invoices queries, when needed
- Support the wider Projects team in delivery of larger programmes of work where applicable
- Develop long-term, effective relationships with our clients, delivering first-class service.
You are an experienced Project Manager, with a proven track record of delivering software projects up to £1m+ to an external client base.
You can successfully manage multiple projects, and ensure that the highest levels of customer service are consistently delivered.
You use initiative to think on your feet, and take pride in delivering projects to the highest standards. You can manage and support internal/external resources to ensure effective project delivery.
You can organise, take responsibility, and motivate yourself and others.
- A degree (or equivalent) in Project Management, or a related discipline, and/or industry experience in a relevant field
- You may have a professionally recognised Project Management qualification, such as PRINCE2.
Essential skills and experience
- You have a minimum of 3 years project management experience (utilising both Agile and Waterfall led projects) in a software house (or similar) environment. Demonstrable, practical experience of Agile is more critical than a formal qualification
- You have proven experience of delivering complex projects, and of working on multiple projects simultaneously
- You possess strong collaborative, and communication skills, both verbally, and in written form
- You have a demonstrable track record of engaging with senior stakeholders, both internal, and external
- You have a proven track record of working effectively with software development teams, and have a good understanding of the System Development Lifecycle
- You have a good understanding, and experience, of risk management in software projects
- You will be experienced in scheduling resources across multiple projects and matrix teams
You will have a strong commercial focus, and a passion for excellent customer service
You have a good working knowledge of MS Office, especially Project and Excel.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of delivering SaaS projects (highly desirable)
- Experience of delivering digital transformation projects.
- Delivery of public sector projects especially IT/software
- Previous delivery of CRM and web-based projects desired
- Use of Jira Software (or relevant alternative)
- Understanding of GDPR, ISO27001, ISO9001 and government frameworks such as GCloud
Things you need to know
To apply, complete our short application form and upload your CV using the link below.
Please contact us if you need the application form in an alternative format or if you require any reasonable adjustments to the selection process, including the interview (for example physical access, communication support, personal support).
Initial interviews will be via Teams with our Department Lead, and if successful you will be invited to attend a competency-based interview either here at the GOSS offices in Plymouth, or again via Teams, which will last approximately 1.5 hours. You will be expected to be able to evidence previous examples of your work.
Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK and do not require sponsorship.
GOSS is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that decisions concerning recruitment will be based on the needs of the business and not any assumptions based on sex, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, married or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our staff.
Due to the large volume of applications GOSS receive, if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of applying, on this occasion it's likely that you have been unsuccessful in your application.
Benefits at GOSS
Having happy employees is our number one priority! Discover all the benefits we provide.View benefits (Benefits at GOSS)
Culture at GOSS
Discover what being part of the GOSS team involves and learn what we do to make work feel less like work.Discover culture at GOSS (Culture at GOSS)
Learn how we're enabling organisations to embrace digital transformation with innovative digital and online solutions.Discover what we do (About GOSS)
We guide you through what happens when you apply for a position with us.View recruitment process (Recruitment process )